08-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGLL66 View Post
Picked up my F30 335d XDrive M-Sport yesterday. It looked absolutely fabulous hen they took the cover off it. The spec is:-

Mineral Grey
Dakota Black Leather
Aluminium Hexagon Trim
Sports electric seats - Heated
Professional Media
Visibility Package
Folding Door Mirrors
Sun Protection Glass
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Comfort Access
Surround View
M Performance Parts including 20" Rims

Now I drive an F10 M5 so this had to go along way not to disappoint and it certainly didn't. It does sit marginally higher than non x drive cars, but see from the pictures its not that high as most of us feared. Turned the key and the engine has a deep growl that is a lot more noticeable than the F30 330d I had on 24 hour test. Gear stick is different too as its not that thin type. Slotted it into drive and off I went with a big smile.

I floored it on the road outside and the power was just there from low revs and it just kept coming. The torque was immense and it compares favourably to the M5 in that the horizon rapiudly heads towards you. Before you know it you are on the brakes. The brakes are also very good with large discs on the front. Took it for a spin on A roads and motorway and the ride was excellent. In sport plus mode with TC deactivated it is rock solid and the engine feels perky, not wallowy like 330d. It doesn't feel a heavy car and you can throw it into corners and it grips with minimal roll.

Changing through the gears with the paddleshift is very smooth. I haven't used launch control yet as not really needed it.

Interior is very good, seats are comforatble and supportive and hold you very well. Steering is well weighted and the wheel feels nice and chunky. The iDrive controller is now the one with the mouse pad on the top. Basically when using the nav to input address you can just write the letters on it and it does handwriting recognition to input the character instead of spinning to the letters - how cool is that!!

Its not an M car but it can hold its own on the road compared to 99% of the cars out there. It is light and agile, the big engine doesn't make it feel nose heavy and the 4wd is not noticeable. All in all it is fabulous.

Negatives - none yet (maybe 20" rims leave your teeth shaking if you hit a pot hole or drain cover!!!)

Let me know if anyone wants info on a specific item or pictures.

Attachment 900067

Attachment 900068

Attachment 900069

Attachment 900070

Attachment 900071

Attachment 900072

Attachment 900073

Attachment 900074

Attachment 900075

Attachment 900076

Attachment 900077

Attachment 900078