Thread: 328i N20 Tunes
View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
scskysc
GMW/BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

I just wish there was a company that sold tuning software so that people like me could do it on our own.
I'm closely following these kinds of posts with the hopes that a viable solution will be available, but just don't like the idea of piggy-back systems as much as direct ECU manipulation. I have done both and with great success, but with today's technology I prefer to have the vehicles original ECU take care of business.

I'd like to see what COBB has to offer with AccessTuner. It's a bit like EFILive that I use on my SKY and hope that the software is as robust as EFILive is. You can have every table known to man exposed in the software, but if you can't interpret what is going on with a known engine model then all of those tables are useless.

Load based ECU systems and the use of coefficients over VE tables in the most up to date systems means that if the software isn't up to the task of viewing it, then not many tuners will be able to build safe tunes.
I know a good bit about new GM ECU's, but not much yet about the BMW DME. For now..
Appreciate 0