jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koer
Hi guys!

i though it might be the right time, with my car hitting 10,000 kms soon, to write about something that i think this forum lacks very often... The joy my first 335 has brought me since i picked her up at a dealership. Many have complained about certain things and flaws this car has, and although they have been an annoyance at some point, they are just tiny details in one incredibly great car.
Here she is, next to my cousin's S3

First of all, a bit of background, at 800 kms i hit two potholes and deformed all four of my runflats. Trust me, i was annoyed at first but having the perfect excuse to ditch runflats once and for all was the best thing that could happen. Four michelin pilots afterwards and a few alignments, my car was good as new... all with a brand new set of painted calipers!

I decided to take the plunge and code my car, so now i can watch dvds while running, ASS stays off and the lovely beep beep comes on when i lock her up. Sweet!!

a bit afterwards, about 2000kms, my door panels went loose "And so he said Rattles i give you, Rattles be with you"... long story short, a trip to the dealership and a few tape isolators later, and she was good as new. Not to mention i had some steering problems (Squeaking steering column and right side pull) that were corrected on warranty, started loving her more when i got used to the awkward steering feel (yes, i actually love it now that it doesnt pull to the right.. real treat )

at 4000kms, i decide its time for the jb stage 1 tune... and whoah was i surprised, my already fast car became a beast, now i might never look back... the real treat is seeing other 335 and thinking "meh... mine's faster "

at about 7000kms some idiot hit my beauty while it was parked, then i was hit again in another parking lot, this hit bent my rear bumper and scratched my paint, you can imagine my fury at the moment.
To top it all off, just the day i decide to park it near a friend's house, a drunken asshole dents my front bumper and takes a lot of my paint in the process. Both my bumpers were trashed.. literally

So a week ago i decided to have the repairs done and some mods while they were at it, here's the result, and guess what? the ultimate driving joy is back with a new face. Meet the new boss.

Black grills and blackened chrome trims, i call it Luxury black edition.

Blackened back trim, so it matches the front!

Please excuse my awful editing skills!

I hope this helps any of you who are getting sick or tired of the tiny perks witch might bother us about our cars, or who are re-considering the f30 for any reason, truth is.. its a car you will learn to love, because when it all comes together... Its the best feeling in the world!
For $70k there are no minor annoyances. At that price those things are problems and deficiencies.
Appreciate 0