View Single Post
      12-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #90
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
How do you go from a baggie of weed to moving a kilo. ppl get locked up for a half a gram of crack. I am NOT condoning a lax attitude towards the above offenses. I am simply stating that NOT all criminals are what you think they are.

I've seen county and I have many friends who are on parol from state / federal prison - ranging in offenses from GTA, slanging, and even the RICO Act. They are now outstanding citizens - counselors, activists, etc.

I agree with you if you did the crime, you gotta do the time. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in jail - I'm simply stating that NOT ALL are vicious and whatever animals you may think they are. Often times the most humblest of people are the ones that got themselves into DEEP shit at a point in their lives.

My original post was only a thought after years of observing traffic and perhaps a means to create a better flow for everybody. I wasn't saying fuck it, lets have anarchy.

But ok, you win.
The major point I disagreed with you was this:

"There are plenty of ppl locked up amongst the dirt of the dirt for nothing. The druggies that are harmless, the petty thief, the DUI"

I interpreted this as you considering DUIs, thievery, and druggies to be, in your words, "nothing", and thus they don't deserve punishment. Previous poster was arguing that these people shouldn't be in jail AT ALL.

But yes, I agree that not all crimes are equal, and punishment for say pocketing a bag of cheetos from a deli shouldn't be equal to that of say breaking into someone's house.

So as long as we agree that if you do crime you should do time (and I do agree that people can change for the better, I'm not saying that once you commit a crime you're permanently a good for nothing), we're all peachy.
Appreciate 0