Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
The value just isn't there.

Unless you don't care about spending more money than it should be.
I wholeheartedly disagree - the value is MORE than there. I've used Dinan software and other upgrades since 2001 (on 2 E46 330i) plus my current E92. Never had a warranty issue, never had to lie to BMW service about having a tune, and never had to worry if I was pushing the engine too far.

Look at it this way - you can buy "used" for less than you can CPO, right? The CPO comes with an extended warranty, which you pay a little more for. If I were offering a tune with a parallel warranty, I'd need to get something extra for it as a reserve against claims, just like an insurance company does. I also like the fact that Dinan builds racing engines and suspension components for professional venues (such as the BMW-Rileys in ALMS) and has done so for 20+ years.

Yes, Dinan's not for everyone, but to say the value isn't there is just not accurate. It depends heavily on what your definition of "value" is, and there are multiple points of view on that issue. You can buy a Challenger R/T, Mustang GT, or Camaro SS with more horsepower than a 335 - all in stock configuration - but which would you rather drive? Bang for the buck, the Mustang is probably going to be the best, but we (on this forum) all drive BMWs because we feel like they're the better value, mostly in terms of overall feel and quality. So we pay more and get less, if you look at it from a pure raw-performance viewpoint.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0