01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817
Why not just push the button again to select a lower heat setting? I guess it just comes down to what you are accustomed to from previous cars.

To piggyback onto this thread (and this may be in the manual, not sure) but how long does the car have to be shut off before the heated seats and heated steering wheel are reset to "off." I find it very convenient that when I pop into the dry cleaners or a quick trip to the store that both the seat and the steering wheel heat settings go right back to where I left them when I start the car back up, but if I leave the car overnight at home or all day at the office, the settings are reset the next time I get in. Just curious if anyone knows the time limit for this feature?
On me E92, if I stop to get gas or something my seats retain last state but steering wheel does not. I just replaced my steering wheel heat module last month because the wheel would not heat on cold days; I don't know if older modules worked differently. My seats go high, med, low, off as I press the button. 2009 MY car.
Appreciate 0