View Single Post
      10-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #156
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

I have been thinking alot about this new F30, but in the end, I think I like my e90 LCI M-Sport more.

On the interior, I think it will get old really fast. I don't like the center of the dash with rounded corners and too many joints. The iDrive screen looks out of place. Also too many pieces of trim everywhere.

On the exterior, the rear is really boring, the e90 LCI rear is much more aggressive but elegant at the same time. The front looks somewhat good but it looks like it's "forced" to look aggressive instead of looking aggressive in a natural way. The headlights sit too low.

The engine line-up is really boring, with the N55 engine being the top of the line. N55 has not much tuning potential like the N54. Since the new M3 will have like 435hp, a model with like 360hp would have been nice. ActiveHybrid is interesting but it's a bit underpowered and it remains to be seen if its weight will be low enough for good performance.

What I do like about the new F30: the Heads-Up Display, the display of power and torque on the iDrive, the adaptive suspension, the eco-pro and sport modes, the fact that it's lighter, and the possibility of opening the trunk without using hands. Oh, and the optional 4-piston brakes.
Appreciate 0