View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
NEOSJW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i - Coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwwyeah206
I'm pretty torn on purchasing the phone cradle. I do have both the assist and apps options. The iphone/USB seems to work fine for me as long as I create a Playlist for every album so I don't have to use the clunky search option. And I can't find any use cases for taking advantage of the video. Reception enhancement is intriguing but I'm rarely otp in the car.

The biggest issue I see? I know this is bad but I'm always monitoring emails and texts when I drive. Do you guys miss this using the cradle? Also, in heavy traffic situations especially using local streets I use the Waze application instead of the bimmer's GPS. It navigates much better around traffic.

Anything I'm missing trying to justify the $250 price tag on the cradle?
Hi, I just received my AW 328i today and I was a little surprised to find that BMW apps worked without the need for the cradle. All i did was connect the standard iPhone cable to the USB port in the centre console, it prompted me to download the BMW Connect App from the app store and if by magic I had the apps section appear in iDrive. Now I am in the UK but would be interested to see if any other of the guys in the US have had similar experiences.

Thanks
Appreciate 0