View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Garage Flooring

Please excuse me if this is not the right forum; I have done a search and cannot find any relevant discussions. I believe it's most relevant here becuase I want to create the best garage environment for detailing for my BMW 3-series

I am trying to find the best garage flooring option. I currently have installed, on top of the concrete, the thick vinyl flooring that comes in rolls. It's OK but tends to get water underneath and the vinyl slides around, especially in the summer, and I don't care for the seams.

So the 2 options, I think, are 1) the similar vinyl panels that interlock; or 2) an epoxy coating. The epoxy coating certainly has a more finished look, when it is done correctly, but I wonder whether there is any possibility of staining from tires, or whether it will peel eventually. Naturally the advertisers say no, but still...

The epoxy is a significant process in terms of preparing the concrete surface and allowing the epoxy coating several days to dry. But if the finished product was trouble-free it would be worth it. The vinyl panels, similar to what I have now, are easy to install, but the epoxy requires professional installation. But at this point I'm interested in the best solution rather than the least expensive.

If any of you have any experience on this topic I would greatly appreciate learning your perspective.
Appreciate 0