01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #100
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe87 View Post
Hey azzurro good to see you got your car. I too wanted to paint the lip EBII. I just got my splitter this week and I went to get a quote to get it painted with some guy that does a lot of BMWs. He placed it on the bumper and asked why I wanted it painted. He said most of the cars he paints have splitters that are either CF or matte black. After seeing it on the car I agree it makes the car look more aggressive leaving it black (Usually they don't care as long as they make money. He even said he was shooting himself on the foot by telling me that). Still not sure if I want it cleared bra'd for a glossy look or matt black. The guy at the shop said personally he would keep it matte black, and other friends have suggested I also keep it matte black. For my M performance spoiler I decided I wanted that painted. I didn't like the way it looked in matte black. I think in the front it flows better than in the back since the front has other black areas near it.

The shop that is doing my clear bra said they could not assure me how it would turn out with the matte black finish.

I think I might keep it matte black. Trust me it looks a lot nicer in person than in pictures. Plus unless you clear bra it once painted you will get a lot of paint chips from what I hear so you will have to re-paint at some point.
Thanks....I'm SO thrilled with my car I can't tell you. The other thing is I made the right decision bailing on my original order and getting the extra things on the car I bought that I didn't originally get.

Hope you are enjoying you car too. I'm going to just enjoy the car for awhile and not do too much to it. I've Opti Ciated it, tinted, M Performance mats and that's it for now. I thought about wheels but like the 7 spoke wheels that came with my 19's.
Appreciate 0