svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt10415 View Post
absolutely agree, however, do you always park next to other lesser equiped BMW's? no probably not.

If they are using this method for overcoming the security of the car then they will have been watching you or targeting you because they want your particular model, so they will still want your car and as I've said before they will get it if they want it.

most car thefts (in the UK at least), other than boy racers wanting a chase, are stolen to order. so what's the answer? never take it out in case someone sees it and targets you? that could work.
Oh, I know how the process goes, no worries.. I didn't always live in Hawaii

And true, if they really want it, they will take it. If they cannot do it one way, it will be done another way. In the end, I agree that nothing will be ever safe enough not to have it stolen. But, still, fact is that thieves do not like delays. The more you can delay them, the more chance you get that they will leave without actually taking the car home. If you delay them, there will be more chances that they will be scared off because someone noticed them one way or another, especially if you live in denser urban areas.

It actually happened once to a car of myself. I got outside and noticed someone broke into my car back then. However, because they apparently did not have enough time, and probably got scared off by something/someone (this is from what I could see), they left without even taking anything out of the car (and there were valuables in the car at that time), let alone with the car.

Again, I do agree that if they want it, they probably will take it. But give them a bigger delay than they expect (after all, they will not expect a metal cover with lock over the port) and they might get a delay long enough that they will be gone that one time. Or they might try to get rid of the cover and accidentally set off the alarm and still go away. Sure, they might come back, also true, but then you will be warned as well and may take other precautions

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0