01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
ckimmel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Ltd

Garage List
allocation/order?

I attempted to place an "order" for a 335i xdrive in December. I was told that maybe they could change their "allocation" to my specs... rather than do the custom order..? So, I placed a deposit on their allocation on around the 1st or the 2nd of Jan. They haven't provided me with any tracking info and are stating, and I quote:

"Here is the latest from BMW on 335's, they are on national constraint as they are focusing on 328's and the new 320. Allocations are very slim Nationally and will be for the very near furue. We have been told that some product should open up in the next 10 days. Since we have a sold order in then if any dealer that would get an allocation on a 335 and refuse it then it would go to us. Fingers crossed on that one. We have a call into our Rep. to see if he can help at all. I will keep you informed of any new info."

They have also promised to put me in a car as I am coming off a mercedes lease and will otherwise not be ambulatory. It seems that I may be waiting for some time. I guess I will llive. I am going to be somewhat miffed if I wait forever and then get stuck with an SA build. My config was 335i xdrive sport package alpine white with coral red interior, red w/ hi gloss blk trim, premium pkg, tech pkg, bu cam/ prk control, htd front seats, HK audio.

I don't really know what to think?
Appreciate 0