11-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgioarmani View Post
DSC safety interrupts on hwwy after i changed to michelin alpin winter tires from a non bmw garage yesterday. (private garage confirmed from michelin that these tires are compatible)

And i mean total baby mode. Funny thing is, i can floor it all i want on normal roads but when i get on the highway boom nanny dsc mode.

I got the michelin alpins non runflat in the same exact dimensions as the summer runflats for the 19 inch stock wheels.

Dealer says it s cause the car is developed for runflats (especially my xdrive)and the tires are probably too soft hence the issue. wow, dsc can only work in harmony to runflats ok.. tell me thats a joke?

besides that, they dont know what it could be casue no error codes are being thrown they say, lol, and that it might be the surface of the hgwy being the culprit and that had i had them install tires which is what i 'should' have done this wouldnt be happening now.

and apparently all bmws now have runflats becasue of these strong new motors...

fuckin A will it ever end? can my car just be my car?

any ideas? gonna put the summers back on cause i cant drive like this...
Very odd... do you have the TPM installed too? (Not sure if the TPM interacts with the computer, and to what extent). I took off my stock 19" Potenza runflats last week and put on the 18" rims with Pirelli Sottozero II's, NON-runflat... have noticed no real difference in any driving mode, or style other than the tires being a little noisier. Ride is just slightly softer on the 18", especially being non-runflat. Performance is excellent and I even drove in Sport+ mode which operated normally. I put the winters on myself. The tires are brand new, came from Tirerack, mounted, hunter balanced, and with TPM. Non-runflat should not make a difference, I have xDrive too so that is ridiculous as is the "surface of the highway"... is it cobblestone?? lol. I'd take it to the dealer and have them check for computer issues.
Appreciate 0