svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
See that's the thing: I think it may be possible to do this if you had the BT audio connection already, but as it stands the default state won't allow you to play just anything over BT. The phone says it's playing over BT but the car doesn't play it over the speakers. I haven't played with BT audio streaming so I don't know what you need to do on iDrive to initiate that, but it sounds like a hassle to get audible SMS.
There are two places in the iDrive where you can select the bluetooth stream, one works and the other doesn't. If I remember correctly, you'll need to go to the media part, then go to external devices and then select bluetooth or your phone's name or something. It should be there somewhere (I believe it also showed the iPod audio and some other things there), it worked in that part but when I actually selected the separate Bluetooth audio (so the one where you do not see the iPod and other options), then it didn't do anything. I hope you understand a bit what I meant

Also, make sure that when you connect your phone over Bluetooth with your car that you have allowed it to play audio and do all those other things. I didn't do this the first time around and that caused some problems with me before (when I just received the car, so my excuse is a bit that I got overwhelmed with the car haha)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0