09-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK2128 View Post
I'm interested in any comments any of you may have about BMW dealers, and how you have been treated regarding the purchase of your cars.
I ordered a new 330d M Sport in July, and since that date, have had no contact from the dealer, the only updates I have is when I make the effort to contact them. I was initially told my car had been built and was to be delivered to me on the 3rd September. That transpired to be wrong, as I was then told less than two weeks ago the car hadn't been built (I was originally told it had been built early August). After some complaining, indeed moaning on my part, I was told the car would be built week 30 something, and would be at the dealers next week (w/c 10th) for collection by me the following week. After again chasing them this morning, apparently it is not due with the dealer until at least the following week, but I just find them so vague and almost unconcerned. I currently own a Mercedes, and found the purchase of that especially the delivery to be so professional, with regular updates from the dealer. Is this normal then for BMW or have I been unlucky or perhaps selected the wrong dealer??
I can't praise my dealer enough. Since ordering I had regular updates from them and was kept up to date. When my car entered production my dealer checked the system every day and if there was a change he would send through the screenshot showing all the details. Whenever I went in, all the staff were friendly and helpful. I even got a gift from them when I collected the car. Any query I had would be answered quickly. All round 5* treatment.

Sounds to me like you've been very unlucky with yours. They really don't seem bothered about your business. I hope you got a great deal to take the edge off the experience!