View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 08:52 AM   #1000
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Alonso's mouth is by no means a handicap and is an asset to F1. F1 would be boring without Alonso's brash honesty.

I don't doubt one bit that Max is not the least worried about having a team mate who might be faster. I think Hamilton was when Nico retired, thus Bottas.
Alo is a solid driver but has def made some bad decisions and generally seems to have been toxic to teams in the past.

Ham was threatened by Max's talent early on. He knew if Ros could beat him that Max would for sure since Ros was never actually that good.
Max isnt worried about anyone being faster because there isnt a faster driver on the grid. It's funny that people talk about Lec being fast over 1 lap, but Max has ~50% more poles and knowing he doesnt set his car up for quali (when Lec does) but for the race tells you his ability to extract everything in quali in a suboptimal set-up is supreme. And we all know there isnt a driver as fast in a race, or one who manages tires better or is as consistent as Max lap after lap.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 03-22-2024 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60897.50