View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

ASS on dealer loaners: permanently disabled?

I have a no-line MY12 F30 328i as a dealer loaner.

It doesn't matter what mode it's set to -- ASS is disengaged. I am also fairly certain the car hasn't had the "official" ASS update to code it to remember the last setting because I tested turning it "off" and when the car was restarted, the ASS-off light was out.

I drove the car 75 miles today at highway speed; outdoor temperatures were in the mid-40s (F) and I stopped with the wheel dead straight in both Comfort and ECO PRO modes. In my car, ASS is so eager to stop the engine, I wouldn't have had to do half as much to get it to engage. ASS just ain't on on this car.

I'm wondering if dealers are coding loaner F30s (maybe with BMW NA's knowledge and acquiescence) to completely disable ASS because these F30s are used by people who may not be familiar with ASS and who would be freaked out by it.I've noticed that passengers in my car who feel the car shut off the first time often ask, as if they are startled, "Did the engine just die?" That would be pretty scary if you got in a loaner and weren't expecting it.

Has anyone else driven a loaner with ASS completely disabled?
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0