07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
SwampCat84
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesakano View Post
Great Improvements! I'm inspired.... I'm going to start of with the sport line bumper trim install. Can you please give more info on the dremel modding. As far I know you are the only one who has successfully done this.

Is it possible to dremel the trim pieces instead of the bumper?

Much appreciated!
Hey! Glad I was able to inspire you..

The sport trim pieces are a little tricky if you havent done much of this kind of thing before.. but Its very straight forward. You have to cut some of the bumper away.. unfortunately... there is no way around it. You also have to dremel off some of the tabs on the sport line pieces and do a little moding to those as well.. its basically just cutting and seeing if it fits, then cutting a little more.. until you get it to fit flush in there.. there are enough tabs that line up that you dont have to glue it in or anything like that.. although I am thinking about securing it with something else just for piece of mind... but mine have been on for months now and been through many car washes and have never come loose or anything... The biggest trick is making sure that you dont cut too much of the bumper away.. again, little bit at a time... I can take some pics for you if you want.. I am going to be taking the bumper off again this weekend to do a small mod so Ill try and remember to snap a few shots for you... PM me and remind me.

Here are some updated photos:

Front reflectors have been shaved

And rear tails tinted.. Im going to take care of those rear reflectors soon as well...

2012 328i F30/ Window Tint, M-Performance Kidney Grilles, Sport Front Trim Pieces with Whiskers, VMR V721s 19x8.5 F/19x9.5 R, (Coilovers Coming Soon!)
Appreciate 0