Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
The burger tuning kit gets you that power.
Take a look at the actual dyno and note the power curve difference between stock and with the kit.
http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_P...nce_Tuner.html

The peak numbers don't tell the whole story of the actual power that kit provides, the story is the power curve, which gives some very nice usable power increases.
Some of our members have installed it and have VERY pleasantly surprised and happy with the results, and it doesn't cost that much at all.
It's not as slick as an ECU program, as there are wires and connectors, but it'll give you what you are looking for.
Install seems very easy as well. The only negative is that you have to remove the kit before you take it in for service. But, taking it off is as easy as putting it on, just a few connections.

Power kits from BT have been very reliable too.
I had the modest JB+ in my 135i and the power difference was very noticeable and real. It didn't affect day to day driving in any negative way.
It felt just as smooth as stock, and then when I wanted the power it was just a deeper throttle push away.
Hard launch in 1st, MT, was very strong and fast, but the shift to 2nd was awesome. It would pull hard and then pull even harder. The power was an eye opener, and as I said, that tune was modest.
This N55 stage 1 is even stronger.
Wow those really are very impressive numbers! Dyno graph #2 Runfile 1 shows 411 wheel ft-tq with a down pipe! Thats impressive! I mean with 15% loss youre looking at 472 ft-lb +/-. For the street those are some great numbers and a ton of fun and torqe.

Youre saying its been pretty reliable? Are you running the stage 1?