12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #125
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Taking your car apart looking for trouble that isn't trouble. I can understand getting upset if there's a problem that's visible and has an aesthetic impact (visible seat hinges), but all of this banter about the seat bottoms and now the dash brace is just beyond logical.

It's surface rust. It's NOT going to get worse. It's NOT going to compromise the integrity of the car or affect it's safety/functionality/longevity. People really need to stop getting all bent out of shape about these ridiculous nit picks. It's not doing anyone any good. And I can assure you BMW is not going to go out of their way to do anything about it. Especially if everyone uses "but I saw it on the internet" to support their claims. Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone. Without a doubt, the steps necessary to correct this "problem" will cause far more issues than the original problem would have.

Get your seats fixed and live with the scratched leather and trim. Get your dash fixed and enjoy all of the rattles, loose connections, etc. that will inevitably follow.
first world problems

Last edited by mdosu; 12-05-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0