View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
KarbD
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWMSPORT View Post
I'm hoping someone can help ...i have owned 3 other previous bmw's all with the up graded sound systems in them (since i was able to order the car)
This time around I ended picking up one off the lot ... 13 AW M Sport. Has everything but the upgraded sound... I like it how it sounds but...I have been "spoiled " with the better one lol.

Anawsys, I want to change out the door speakers and can not find the size of them...can someone please help me with this....all I want is just better speakers in place of the OEM ones. Same size just plug n,and good to go . There shouldn't be anything added....(extra amp,, ect...) should there.???

please help me if at all possible.

Thank you
I just did a complete upgrade of the Hifi system in my car and am VERY pleased with the result. Like yourself all my previous cars had upgrade audio so the stock system just wasnt cutting it.

the speakers in the Hifi model are 4" and are extremely cheap. If you dont want to have to do any modifications keep the speaker depth in mind since there is not alot of extra room between the speaker and window.

I had my audio shop modify the system and used 5 1/4 Focal speakers. I added a 4 channel, mono amp, 2 12" subs. From the outside everything looks stock but the sound is amazing.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0