kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by john08135i View Post
I AM GOING TO PULL MY HAIR OUT..

After buying my token and testing by coding one setting.. i had to go back and watch my kids. Well now it wont connect to eh car..
NO ZGW AVAILABLE... i didnt change anything. I just closed esys.

What causes this?
I don't have the new token file to try, but are testing the new esys on a machine that never had esys installed... did you have the EDIABAS folder copy to the root directory? All I wanted to know, i long is a long shot, is able to read FA & CAF file since this new machine is desktop and cannot be used for coding at all

Extract from installation instruction (from esys 3.18.4)
Run "C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\Ediabas-Konfigurator\Ediabas-Konfigurator.exe" and make sure "Interface:" is set to "INTERFACE=ENET".

Did you also update the esys program properties to point the token & ods to the right file/directory?

Let's just say you had a bad day.... I do sometime fail to get IP from the car, what I did to make sure I ALWAYS get an ip is start the laptop AFTER the cable is connected to the car & computer, and turn on the car (not start engine)...

CHECK to make sure your computer is receiving an IP with "limited connectivity"

I'll be around for the next few hour... will be heading out to a coding party thereafter, hopefully none of the car will have 505!

Last edited by kon; 01-19-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0