05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #381
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
my understanding is, like with all BMW parts, its the parts that are warrentied. not the work, no matter if its done at dealer. i remember a friend who paid for performance brakes on his e90, something went wrong but BMW honored it no problem... those were installed elsewhere, didnt matter.

so i guess in short, if he wants a total peace of mind, do it at the dealer. but if hes whining about savin some change, take it elsewhere - the warrenty will still be honored on those parts if something breaks. (now if those parts where INCORRECTLY INSTALLED, thats an entirely different story)

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG HERE
You are indeed entirely incorrect.

The parts, work, labor, all of it is warranted for the life of the warranty on the car.

So for my car, since I have a 6 year warranty, my M Performance parts, including labor associated with replacing the parts, is covered until Dec 2018.

They've already had to use it, when I installed the suspension, they put the wrong springs on, and covered the labor to correct the problem....

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0