View Single Post
      12-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #89
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

I'm on a completely different suspension set up now. I got the KWs out of my car and got a set of CKS coilovers. Thank goodness. I'd like to see an F30 on KWs that ISN'T slammed. So far all the F30s on KWs are way lower than the range of what KW themselves consider "under warranty".

Here's a mock scenario...

You get a set of KW V2s on your F30. You raise to the maximum height it can be raised and it's still really low. You don't mind though because you think it looks cool. You tolerate the horrible ride quality because well, everyone on the "enthusiast" forums say that KWs are the shiznit! And you think that perhaps this is just the way coilover suspensions are supposed to be. I mean, what do you know right? Everyone on the "enthusiast" forum says that KWs are awesome right?

Well... since the car is so low, the dampers have been working over time and now they're starting to leaking oil because you live in a city where the streets aren't as smooth as a race track. So you call up KW and say, "Hey, my dampers are leaking and it's still under warranty." They would ask you to fill out a tech sheet for their review. Which you happily oblige to do. After reviewing the tech sheet, they determine that you lowered your car too much and therefore the entire kit is out of warranty. You try to explain to them that that is the absolute highest the car will go. They say, tough luck. It must've been the shop's fault in how they installed it. Or it must've been your fault for something else. Anything but their own faulty manufacturing. After all, they have a 7 point suspension dyno! And even other companies beg them to test their systems on their dyno. But most importantly, everyone on the "enthusiast" forum thinks KWs are the shiznit!
Appreciate 0