General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
His can doesn't have combox, only 6NH.
Yes, I know that. With the discontinuation of the standalone 6VC Combox, the Combox functions (Bluetooth & Multimedia) where equipped have been offloaded to other modules, presumably the CIC.

The exercise I was doing was trying to find the relocated FDL Coding parameters, specific to BMW Live / Internet that exist in older Combox equipped cars, in the Head Unit of newer cars.

That said, I did not find them in his particular HU_CIC CAFD. That means, either they were offloaded to a different module, or his car is not equipped to support BMW Live / Internet at the hardware level, so accordingly his specific HU_CIC CAFD lacks those parameters.

What really needs to be examined is a list of ECU's, and the HU_CIC CAFD File for an F30 with factory 614 and 615, in order to locate the FDL Coding parameters specific to BMW Live / Internet, and from there, once understood, a determination can be made whether this can be coded on non 614, 615 equipped cars, and if so, what the minimum vehicle options / hardware are needed to support it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0