12-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I have the same issue. My front/rear bumper has minor scuffs. It's not that noticeable only to me.It annoys me because I take such good care of my car. The rear bumper was hit by a shopping cart, even when I parked far away from the supermarket. What exactly is a bumper cover? Was the original wet sanded, then sprayed? Or replaced with a new bumper/ cover. If you don't mind, how much did it cost? Are you satisfied with the way it came out? I plan on keeping my E90 for a long time because I prefer the way it drives compare to the F30. Thanks
The body shop I go to is first rate and have had other cars (BMW and non BMW) repaired there. You cannot tell it's not the original cover. As a matter of fact my E46 M3 Silver Gray metallic bumper cover needed replacement a couple years ago, and same thing: you couldn't tell either.

If all you have is scratches it should be around $900 or so to sand and repaint. IIRC it was $1000+ with a brand new bumper cover. I didn't pay too much attention since it was not my insurance paying. If you are really interested PM me and I'll pull the paperwork.

Last edited by snowghost; 12-14-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0