View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #23
frost335
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
Here's my quick first impressions of the tune. Note that I have had JB4s (as well as Procede) on my E92, E82, and now, in stage 1 form, on my f30 335i. This is strange but after 50+ miles of adaption this thing feels as quick as my 1er DCT /w JB4 Stage 2 and DP. I'm going to chalk this one up to the excellent ZF 8-speed as it allows you to access a wall of midrange torque on kick down...where the DCT hunts for a good solid 2-3 seconds and ramps up rather than kicks you in the belly.

Comfort mode feels very similar to Sport now, when it comes to throttle response, but you get still get the more lax steering of comfort. Also, I told Terry I was surprised at how smooth it felt. Almost stock-like but with punchier throttle and meatier midrange. I would say, in theory, it feels like the performance kit (which I've driven on an E90 N55) with some steroids involved.

I can't imagine the Stage 2 being that much smoother once CAN is dissected but I'm sure it will be even better and and more drivable. Instant 40whp+ and 60wtq+ that easy? So, for a modest 380 bucks and less than 10 minutes of install/uninstall I can't see this being beat by anyone in the market. More notes and thoughts soooon.
Thanks for the review! How's the tune treating you now? Any complaints?
Appreciate 0