View Single Post
      04-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #61
Bolder_Nima
Rep
Drives: 2012 Chevy Volt

Alarm a $400 option? Eff you, BMW! What a joke... these packages and options are so incredibly inefficient. No wonder the cars are so expensive; we are paying for BMW's production inefficiencies. With most brands (including VW and Benz), there is an order of operations when it comes to options and packages; You don't get the super fancy features without first opting for the basics... this makes perfect sense.

My $50k 2013 328i sedan has EVERYTHING (Lighting, Premium, Driver Assistance, and Cold Weather packages in addition to HK sound, rear sunshades, and moonroof (I'm sure I'm missing a few options). Yet it isn't equipped with any lines (Sport, Luxury, M-Sport), so it looks basic on the outside and has the basic 17" 5-spoke wheels)... now it's missing a $400 factory alarm, something that comes standard on a Toyota Corolla, so my car doesn't "beep, chirp, quack, bark, or moo," as SHOPTB very humorously put it.

Grrrrr!

Still though, I love the car and I'm grateful to have it. At the end of the day it does what it's supposed to do exceptionally well: It drives like a dream.

Last edited by Bolder_Nima; 04-07-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0