View Single Post
      03-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
I'm really trying to not buy a bluespark tuning box. They're £175 - 10% discount that can be found online and many of the reviews especially on baby bmw state that they seem rather awesome as long as you're not running it flat out as there are sometimes a few errors.

I know the JB4 / JB+ gets some good reviews but that is £500 VS £160ish.

From that the only other option is the £1700-£1800 MPPSK.

I'm wondering wether the bluespark is just inferior to the jb products hence the lower cost OR if it is just a newer product that wants to work its way onto the market and isn't charging a huge premium just yet.

I could certainly feel the power gain of the mppsk over the stock 340i but I'm not going to say its £1700 worth of power gain. The full system with the pops and bangs make it more tempting but I was already wondering if the exhaust was overkill and now it seems the pops and bangs are being coded out. I'd either want it full hog or not at all!

So, any reasons not to go bluespark?
Any comments from other ?40i owners who have run them?

Thanks
I have the dtuk box on a 340 and certainly makes the b58 lump come alive. Takes some tweaking to get the right map that keeps the engine happy but gives a big wallop in terms performance.

You can normally dig up discount codes on Google so about 350/400 quid.

It's a 3 channel box where bluesparks are 2 I believe.
Appreciate 0