03-20-2018, 04:08 AM   #22
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
Just had a chat with Admiral insurance. Told them about replacing the exhaust with a BMW standard exhaust that is an optional extra.

I was quite clear it was an optional extra on the checklist when buying a car and they said because it was standard manufacturer parts they would list it as being a repair part rather than a non standard modification.

They couldn't find MPPSK and the only thing they could find was "NON OEM Exhaust". If you bought the car new with it, it'd be a standard exhaust so I really dont know.
I explained to them that it was a kit sold and fitted by BMW that involved a new exhaust and an increase in power of about 10% ... the guy put it down as exhaust/manifold changes and when I called back the next day to clarify that the 10% power increase wasn't stated on the policy, they said it was fine and was covered under this "exhaust/manifold change" and they sent me an email as proof saying that "this change relates to what I discussed on the call on xx/xx/xxxx".

It clearly is just luck as to who you get on the phone and what they feel like doing.

What was the end result for your policy? How much did it increase?
Appreciate 0