09-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
LongGone
Aggressive Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
I have ordered my car from a dealership in New Jersey and will be driving it back to Dallas. I am calling it my "American Delivery" experience lol. I can't decide if I am more excited about the new car or the road trip back, I have never spent any time in the North East and very excited. The car should be here in October. Anyone have any suggestions on places to go, roads to drive, etc?

Here's the plan so far:
- 2 days in NYC
- Pick the car up on a Monday.
- Drive to Washington DC and be a tourist for one day.
- Drive to the Spartanburg Factory for a tour. Possibly taking a long way around through the Appalachian Mountains where possible and time permitting.
- Drive the "Tail of the Dragon" route North of there that I have seen recommended.
- Nashville, Memphis, and Little Rock route back to Dallas. Somewhere at this point the car will be past the break in period and I can go nuts

Any suggestions are welcome! I have a friend that will be coming along for the journey and will try to get loads of pictures of the new ride along the way!
If you are interested in history, touring the Gettysburg battlefield (south central PA) should be on your list. You can take bus tours, walking tours, or even have a tour guide hop in your car and you drive around with him/her talking you through the battlefield. Its a great time, but you would need most of a day to make it worth the visit. The tours are a couple of hours, but you would want some time to explore for yourself too. Just a thought for your consideration.
Appreciate 0