Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Black Sapphire

Any photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
I like my car now!

I changed my wheel to 19" alloy and Michelin Pilot super sports nearly 1 month ago . after 500km the tires becomes quiet and comfortable- better than the original 17" S001 run flats !

I had the steering wheel vibration problem and I've been to BMW service to correct it . They minimized it and it was barely noticeable ! However after wheel change it came back and was more pronounced, then I thought: oh no ! luckily after 2 more wheel balance sessions it was minimized . I used the word minimized bcos i can feel it sometimes but it is not demonstrable ! maybe 19" wheel makes road imperfection into vibration on the steering wheel???

handling is always good and I get used to the noise level in the car . Hifi sound is now acceptable and I soon ignored the apparent poor quality of the trim materials. engine noise is the same: it sounds and feels like diesel when it first starts and gets better when it is warmed up . At highway cruising speed it is barely noticeable (wind noise and road noise take ever) ! N20 has adequate power even with 3 adults and 1 baby+car seat on board but I never tried to push it: I am still running in the car. it is just over 1000 km now.

the car looks much better with 19" wheel !

Previous : BMW E30 325i/BMW E36 328i/E46 330i/BMW E90 335i (AW) MB SLK200
Appreciate 0