Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
As my F30 sits in the shop for a suspension "adjustment", I requested a 5-series and was surprised to take seat in a 2012 535i X Drive "base" line with Navigation (unsure if it had premium, def didn't have tech since no HUD).

Since my last thread on the E__ loaner sparked some fun back and forth, I wanted to give a download on my impressions of this car.

The F10 has much much better seats. Even the base model I drove had a substantially amount of padding for the derrier compared to the F30. Odd I thought to myself.

The F30 is essentially a mini-F10:
1. ASS: MUCH much smoother on and off. Engagement is virtually seamless. I wonder if it's the car's weight that absorbs the "shake" from ASS starting and stopping?
2. Size/Weight/Speed: It's larger, heavier, and feels slower. Not as nimble as the F30. Hell the F30 isn't nimble enough for me yet.
3. Interior: absolutely awesome - I'm not even sure if I have Dakota leather, I'm assuming I do, but the textures are slightly different from the F30, and the layout is much larger. The integrated NAV, rather than it sticking out of the dash in the F30, is rather "dated", I like how it is on the F30. Stock music system isn't as punchy as the F30, but unsure if it's just the settings..I'm sure it's the same amperage, etc.
4. Exterior: it's too large for me. This model lacks the aggressive stance I like in my F30. The Xenon lighting is slightly higher, so gives a farther "pitch", but unsure if I just need to adjust my F30 stockers. The Comfort Access door handle lighting is a LOT brighter, almost 50%. Grill is gross, too many slats, and too chromey.

All in all, I felt like the F10 was my father's car. The F30 is just the right size and mix of speed and engine size...I do love the seats in the F10 though, unsure if I can get that sort of padding in the aftermarket.
I had an F10 528i as a loaner and hated it. It was a boat.
535i is much better.

I just discovered the rear view camera...kind of nice, but kind of needed given the size.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0