View Single Post
      01-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

look on ebay. try to find a kit that has the following. bluetooth TCU that has already been coded to another car with its accompanying FZD- overhead console. then you just need the bluetooth antenna (the microphone should already be built in and plugged into nav cars)

if you get a pre-programmed TCU to another car- usually another 3 series or a 1 series- you can fool the cars radio into thinking it's programmed for your car- bottom line is that it just has to be programmed

case in point- I have a 135i that came with no bluetooth. I bought a whole kit from someone on ebay from their e90 that had been programmed to their car and plugged it all in and it works fine, I can even contact assist though they dont recognize the car because its not set up. the main point is that the TCU needs to be programmed to a vin, doesnt matter what the vin is- at least in my experience. it cost me $350 and my time. there is a site that sells the full kits for like $600-700 but you have to have it programmed by the dealer and most cannot figure it out on the first try because they have yet to do it

other than that the switching of the MOST cables is the most difficult part
Appreciate 0