10-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #75
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWhite View Post
hi everyone! i can't start a new thread yet but i'm hoping you can all help.
i'm new here and may be picking up an F30 328 tomorrow morning. I may be trading in my 2003 X5 but a good friend wants to buy it from me.

My credit is good but it dips down dramatically during the month because I have an Amex that I use for work and my bill can get really high sometimes. It affects my credit to debt ratio. I say this because last week my credit score was better than this week and I'm sure the dealer is seeing this weeks number not last weeks.

I haven't heard anything from the SA (he was off today) but earlier the business manager emailed me and said, "Congratualtions..." It was an automated type of an email.
So I guess I'm in the clear as far as the rate I was qouted? I'm suppose to pick up the car in the a.m.

Also, I feel like I may be able to do better especially since most of you are
getting the car at invoice price and I definitely did not.

Maybe because I'm a woman?

2013 328 xi
cold weather package
luxury line
lighting package
premium package
tech pkg
rearview camera
park distance control

this is a lease but i *may* buy at end if i really like the car.

term 36
miles 12k
rate 0.00175
residual 61%
lease charge $134.77
monthly deposit $402.60 ?
monthly bill $585.73

MSRP 51,245
Sale Price 49,500

Any advice or opinions would be greatly apreciated. I've owned my X for a long time so I'm rusty when it comes to car buying. I did get the $750 loyality discount but not much more.

That is not a very good price. And regarding your credit score, your commercial FICO score isn't necessarily indicative of the scoring used for automotive purchases/leases. The use a totally different model.

Regarding pricing, you treat a lease negotiation just like a purchase. As mentioned earlier, build the exact car on BMWConfig.com to see what invoice is. It also has a nice financial calculator that allows you to play with the numbers. The current base money factor is 0.00135. They've got a pretty healthy mark-up on the number you quoted. 1 to 1.5 points is more reasonable. A major issue in PA is the damn 9% tax rate on leases (paid monthly). It's robbery, but it exacerbates the issue if you don't get the base numbers down as low as you possibly can.

On a 328i, I'd definitely try to drive it closer to $500 over invoice. There are plenty of them out there.

Also, if you have a friend who wants to buy your car, see if the dealer will do a "courtesy trade" so you can reap the benefit of the tax savings you'd realize had you traded the car in.
Appreciate 0