10-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Stan876
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F36 435D Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproudfoot View Post
You can't stream audio over standard bluetooth, that needs Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS instead of 6NH) although, if you have pro nav, you can easily code it in (took me about 5mins to do the afternoon after getting the car).

Anyway, USB stick apparently works really well - as long as you have no requirement for gapless audio (e.g. albums without 2 second gaps between each track). The only way to get gapless audio to work properly over USB, is to use an iDevice. I use an iPhone because i don't need a handset that's 3 metres wide (like the current Android handsets) but if I did go down the Android route, I'd probably just stick an iPod classic under the armrest for my music needs (because gapless audio is important to me) and keep my phone in my pocket.
Do you know sometimes you just need someone to state the bloody obvious i am that obsessed with having everything on my phone i did not even consider the Ipod i have sat in the draw gathering dust and playing it through the USB My Ipod is ancient will i need a "special" cable to connect it to the cars USB?

This also means that i can choose a phone to just be a phone, genius