Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullfan
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I have been looking into doing this mod. I've seen all the videos for this mod but I just want to hear this mod in person. I have taken the wire out of my exhaust once, and my parents were complaining about the drone noise and vibration the car had in highway speeds every time I tapped on the gas. Will I run into that similar issue if I do this mod? I won't be driving the car as much anymore because i dorm in college and the car will be sitting at home. My mom or dad might take it out once in a while and I just don't want them to complain about it.

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure I follow your comment on taking the wire out of the exhaust. What do you mean? You took out the spring from the butterfly valve and didn't tie it off? So it's flapping around?

As far as the drone by just doing that mod there will be none.

If you want to do the actual gutting of the muffler like I did, there will be a significant change in exhaust note. Not so much drone but it will be louder. If your parents don't like it now, they will definitely not like that because of the noise.

But it's your car who gives a hoot what anyone thinks lol

What are you trying to accomplish? Louder tone but subtle.