View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
ckbumu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr30_328 View Post
I had the same issue. 328i manufactured in feb. this year. I think the problem is that the boot is so "tight" that you have to slam it in order for it to shut properly, with the result that the housing brakes. They ordered a new one, fitted it, and re-adjusted the boot. Now everything is fine. For now.
Thanks for your sharing your experience. Yeah, it is quite possible. My trunk is though, too. I am grabbing the lid from the inside first, then close it.

Did they show you the broken housing? Well, they told me that the housings are not installed properly at the factory, but honestly I have doubts about that. I would try the factory more than a service. I wondering if they fixed my permanently or they thought they fixed it.

I check the passenger side light today on the boot and noticed that there is little gap between the top right corner of the light and boot body. I noticed the same thing for the boot light on the driver side as well. However, there is no gap between the rubber seal surrounding light (the one covering the edge of the light: I cannot see any rubber sealer visible covering the exterior top corners that are adjacent to the main tail light) and the body (same for both lights). So, I am not really sure if lights are mounted properly or not. That would be really nice if we can compare. Any feedback/help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0