02-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #42
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbensous View Post
Your car looks perfect ! Are you going to add the performance side stickers or not ? Would finish the look I think ? Perfect balance between stock look and sporty look ! Really love your car.

For the performance suspension does it feel more harsh than e90 m sport ? I tried the f30 m sport on 19" and thought it was way too soft for a m sport model... My e90 m sport on 18" feels stiffer than the f30 m sport on 19"... Really didn't like the softness of the f30 when I tried it.. Doesn't feel like a sport sedan at all.

Anyway congrats ! More photos please !!!!!
A friend had a 2001 E46 Sport that I used to drive whenever I was the DD. That is the car I use as a benchmark. F30 with M performance feels as close to E46 as you can get, maybe a hair stiffer - I can't remember if the E46 had low profile run flats or not. If the steering on F30 were about 10% heavier in Sport mode, I think it would be perfect.

Also, test drove 2007 E90 M Sport a couple of times and want to say that it came close to the feel of the E46 I was used to, but can definitely agree that the stock F30 M Sport suspension is too soft which is why I decided to go for M Performance.

No plans on adding M Performance stickers. I like the understated look that makes people say "wait, is that...?". Once I get the clear bra and the weather gets a little better, I plan on scouting some better places for a proper photo shoot.
Appreciate 0