11-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
It's not the end of the world if you pay a more than some folks here were able to get. If you are satisfied with the deal (value?) that you're getting, that is all that matters.

Keep in mind, 335i (probably even more so, xDrive) are very scarce. So the dealer is not going to be as flexible as with a 328i that has been sitting on the lot since August, or even March.

I got a better deal (invoice + $xxx) on the ActiveHybrid 3, vs. the same-equipped 335i. It all boils down to how eager the dealer is to sell you the car. Most seem to believe that 335i models, especially German built ones, don't need aggressive discounting to move off the lot.
Yea, I agree with this and in all honesty we are talking a difference of 1K on a 50K+ car which works out to around 2% increase in cost, which when financing is a couple qudoba burritos a month. The other issue that was nagging me was the apparent difference in sale price between the midwest and the coasts, which you can see while using edmonds pricing guides. My rational was I need the car soon (German allocation), it is pretty rare to come by on the lot, the mid-west gets bad pricing, and I only have 1K of incentives in college-grad to begin with (was negotiating before holiday incentive).

In contrast, this super arrogant dealer at south bend Indiana was only giving me 500 off MSRP(!) with multiple test drives and trips to dealership...he made it clear "we don't sell BMW's near invoice price".