04-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #78
1.fresh.f30.335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xdrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
For me, the interior photos are the most telling visual comparison. Look at the lack of attention to ergonomics in the Audi. It's cluttered and confusing. When the car is in park, you have to squeeze your hand between the lever and the controls to use them. Hilarious lack of planning.

As for the exterior, I still think the F30 is ugly. Front does not flow with the back (which is E90-ish).
I have to disagree, I have a Q7 and a A8L in the driveway and both of those cars are WAY better planned as far as the interior is concerned than a BMW. I am sorry but MMI is still way more intuitive than the BMW system and while everyone hates the amount of buttons, they are where you would want them to be.

- Case in point is the volume button... in an audi it is right next to the MMI controls where you would expect it to be, in the Bimmer its completely across the dash and up next the CD changer (which would be ok if all the other buttons for the radio were with the volume button but they are not!)

Like I said, I ordered the 335 so that clearly says a lot... And there are a lot of areas where the audi falls down compared to the Bimmer but the interior ergonomics and layout is not one of them, just the .02 of an audi guy...

'14 535i xdrive M-Sport Carbon Black w/Mocha Nappa
Appreciate 0