View Single Post
      01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #23
Charlie_Hustle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i M-Sport

Wow, lots crazy talk on here. I am a client adviser for Sam Swope BMW in Louisville, ky. We are an authorized dealer for Dinan. First of all I have never heard of or seen a car turned down for service, or have warranty voided over installation of their products. I have owned, sold new, used, and CPO cars with Dinan software and other products. I have seen BMW void warranty on other tunes, but never Dinan. As far as my management or I know, BMW still works in conjunction with Dinan and nothing has changed. BMW, as is the way with everyone now has lot more big brother ability than most people realize. You cannot erase all the codes, readings, and memory of your BMW with a simple code reader. Now that being said, unless you have a serious issue where BMW N/A gets involved or you have pissed off someone in the dealership they will not pull the back up info about your car that has been tracked over its lifetime. Steve Dinan has been producing some of the best aftermarket products for any car out there for 25+ years, and I understand they have been known to rebadge, resell, or greatly markup products as well. No company or organization is perfect, and Dinan is a business in it to make money.
I have loved 99% of the products and services I have seen and/or owned from Dinan over the last 5 years. Recently, they have been slipping a bit as BMW has not been as forthcoming or easy to work with as in the past due to the MPerformance line coming out. Therefore, the tunes have had a few more issues and have taken much longer to come to fruition for new products. However, typically when it comes to tunes they make in my opinion the best performing tune all the way around. All out Power numbers, delivery of power, throttle response, fuel economy, and of course WARRANTY.
Im not going to argue that you have some jackass dealers in Arizona they may be playing hardball, but unless I seen an official letter or sometime of proof from BMW N/A that they voided your warranty, I'm not buying it. And if that did happen, Dinan has on many occasions as advertised & promised picked up the slack and paid you or BMW for any issues that may or may not arose from their products.
Dinan will absolutely add huge resale value to your car, I have seen it too many times that nobody can deny that. Its the benchmark standard for under warranty vehicles, and to me you have to been crazy to jeopardize that factory warranty on a inferior product anyways. Sorry to you guys in AZ about the inconvenience, but nobody ever said hotrodding and racing were easy or cheap.
Appreciate 0