Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
I am in the same boat as you man. I've been eating clean for about three months now. I've dropped my body fat percentage about 3% and gained some good lean muscle mass. I've always been a gym rat and ate well, but the past few months I've really decide to take myself to the next level, and the only way to do it was to clean my diet up. So I did, and over the course of the past three months I've had maybe a total of 5 cheat days...and I feel terrible afterwards! It's always the same deal too, on the road for work or vacation or something. Then I'm in the restroom regretting it! It's crazy how the body wants and needs nutrition when you start feeding it the right way and how it rejects when you feed it with saturated fats and processed ingredients. This is a lifestyle for sure.

I can't comment on the Keto topic. I've never tried it. This might be some good info for you though.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=36497&page=1
+1

I do have to say though, the saturated fats don't seem to bother me as long as I eat them in moderation. The fats I get from nuts and meats that are saturated seem to be just fine. I also use the animal fats and clarified butter to grease my pan to cook with and the taste is infinitely better. I also use extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil when I'm not using any animal fat. As long as the source is clean (like organic, no sugar added pork sausage), then it's fine for what I am doing.

The grains and bread is really what seems to mess with my insides. Maybe I have a slight gluten allergy (although I did try gluten free stuff and felt kind of crappy too).