View Single Post
      08-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #502
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Smile Much Thanks to Frogman !!!

Well i would like to Thank Frogman for his help and support!!

This past weekend, i was able to meet up with this young Man !!
He was very very cool and made the whole process very easy and pain free!

1)
So now my car's ASS is off (except when i switch to Eco-mode, then ASS is working) (if anyone of you want to turn ASS completely off, even when in ECO-Mode, you need to set the value to "Permanent"! You would still be able to use ASS, but you would just have to push the button)

2) No more disclaimer!

3) My windows can be rolled up and down via the remote.
4) The Side view mirrors fold with the remote.

5) No more reminder when i "forget" to fasten the driver seat belt.

6) tire pressures and temperature accessible on i-drive!
this is one of the most helpful re-code !!! no more messy fingers! LOL

7) We missed out on another setting that i wanted:
automatic roll up of the windows when doors ajar..
Maybe i will do this another time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Spida View Post
OMG this is awesome, I gotta go find me an OBD cable and start soldering, that's stupid disclaimer has got to go!!!

thanks for all the efforts
Again, this is very easy to do when you have the hardware and software...
there were tons of settings to play with... we have barely scratched the surface of it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelque View Post
First of all: Again many thanks Svache for pointing us to this ! I really enjoy this kind of stuff

After I coded ASS long time ago when this thread just started, I now found time to work on it more during my PTO. Today I enabled the Sport Display on my basic screen (the car has Navi Business). This worked and it is quite cool to see the peak hands going up fast and down slowly for the torque and power.
The coding I did for this was in HU_CICHB, 3000 HMI, EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID. I switched it from nicht_aktiv --> aktiv

I found it really cool together with the Digital speed in BC which was earlier explained by BMWs being in the F10 cheat sheet.
KOMBI | 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration | BC_DIGITAL_V | aktiv / Werte=01 | ( default = nicht_aktiv / Werte=00 ). When enabling this, it gave an error, but it was just a matter of configuring the time and then the yellow triangle error icon was gone.

Also I added the fog lights to the welcome lights, although I find it a little odd to have Xenon headlights with (gently turning on) halogen fog lights. What I am actually looking for is how the timer for shutting down the lights can be extended when closing the car using the remote. Anyone tried this already?

What I am also looking for is how the radio can be turned off automatically when the car is switched off. Isn't it just weird that the radio is loud when opening the door to step out the car?
I knew there would be a setting for this!!!
Next time, i am going to add this in Thanks for the info!

Here are a few photos after my meeting with Frogman, unfortunately we didn't have the occasion to take pictures of our cars together.

Frogman's red luxury 328i is gorgeous !!!!
clean as new!!

and btw: i got my first speeding tickets with my F30 on my way to see Frogman !!

Thanks Frogman for all your tips!
Appreciate 0