View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #27
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

A friend of mine works for bmw and they as a dealership(which they act all individually) bulk by all sort of pre-reg models from bmw uk every few months often before new reg. comes out. All these cars registered firs owner bmw uk(it's got to do something with hitting some sort of sale targets for certain periods) and these cars get sold on to different dealerships. Like mine which I bought in January but got registered and of December therefore it's on a 62 plate. Still brand new as I was the firs one to drive and still only delivery mileage on it. Of course if you like to spec a car to your liking you need to factory order but if you don't mind to compromise on equipments or colour this is cheapest way to get your hands on brand new car. It doesn't necessary mean you won't be able to find one that you like just your options a bit limited but often these cars are well equipped like mine was as the only extra I don't have on this one compare to my e90 is the visibility pack which I didn't mind to compromise on as I still got everything else even the colour I wanted which is mineral grey. Obviously you will be the second owner of the vehicle but in my case it doesn't really matter as I'm on PCP and I will just trade in for a new one in two or three years time so I don't have to worry about having two owners on the car as I don't have to sell it.
Also you can get a better financial deal for a pre-reg car as being new compare to what they can offer on a used one.
Appreciate 0