View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
dreamweaver
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

So many issues can I return car back to BMW

Was after some help or advice, the car a F30 316d SE, just hit 5k. From the moment it was delivered there have been faults with this car.

1: Car came setup to German on idrive, sorted myself after some fiddling. Also when delivered unable to open the bonnet. After booking in a dealer it was noted that the cable inside the bonnet had never been attached during production. Garage which car came from advised that it was PDI before sending to me, somehow this seems a bit odd if they couldn’t open the bonnet. Also car ran out of screen wash after day 1 which meant 2 weeks with no screen wash.

2: Around 4 weeks after delivery, was driving on the motorway in rain when the Idrive flashed an error. Imminent wiper failure, within 4 seconds wipers would not turn off, even after switching of engine, again took 7 days to get car booked in and another 2 days to fix.

3: Thursday last week, again driving in torrential rain on the motorway, bing “imminent wiper failure” this time they just stopped working, I literally had to stick my head out the window to see where I was going and very nearly took a car out at the side of me, hazard lights started to flash, interior light was on and off, and no access to boot.
Called BMW assist who took car in again, still with them been told 5 days to fix.

Car is leased through LEX, I have been on the phone to them and also sent an e-mail basically saying the car is not fit for purpose, after a long towing and throwing they called me on Friday night saying they have been in touch with BMW Germany and are trying to sort out some compensation or would I accept a another BMW brand product.

I really like the F30 but have no confidence in this vehicle now as I nearly wiping myself out last week on the motorway, Should I stick with my gut feeling and reject, maybe look at another BMW range. Did pop into my local BMW on Saturday to get some belongings out and there was a 1series Msport which looked ok. Any help kindly appreciated
Appreciate 0