10-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #68
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
I never really liked KW. Had Bilstein PSS10 on my A4 '09 and it was the best I had driven with. Drove a friends same A4 with the KW and was not to my liking. Also you have to get the wheels off and so to change damper setting?

Bilstein is easy and a quick fix, get down and turn the knob. Slightly higher price but worth is nonetheless! Doesn't goes as low as well, decent lowering to me but that is arguable

Curious to see this one lowered on the H&R springs!
I ordered Bilstein B14 a few days ago. They'll arrive tomorrow, but when my friend can install them is another question.

I thought about getting the B16 at first but I have had KW V2 and V3 on older cars and never even touched the settings so I just went with the height adjustables ones this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Mine is lowered and I'm really enjoying it!!! My only issue is with the 20" wheels, and having the car lowered, you gotta be really careful where you drive and watch out for the tiniest of cracks in the road.

I might replace my wheels in the future with HRE's...

Here's a pic of how the 335i looks lowered on H&R Sport Springs...Will get KW or Bilstein next year!
Don't tease me with your lowered car!
It looks so much better with a moderate drop. If you then add the wheels we talked about it is going to be awesome!

I really should change to winter tyres now (this morning it was -2 C), but on the other hand I want to install the Bilsteins with the 20's on so that the ride height is correct. Otherwise I won't install them until spring. Oh, the problems I create for myself.
Appreciate 0