View Single Post
      12-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #205
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Lightbulb Anyone notice the front seats SHAPE for each lines? LOOK AGAIN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlegoose View Post
I reconfigure this thing everyday and it never gets any easier. Any one else struggling?!?!
Are you feeling ?

Dont try to get everything at once... just pick out the three or four items that you must have and that you just cannot compromise, or live without, then go from there and see how they are being packaged. It's organized very illogically, yet you can sort it out once you have your own priorities.

And yes i agree with everyone, BMW choice's list is not as independently customizable as they are suggesting us to be. It doesn't give you the freedom of choice as we would like or as in the MINI catalogue, and that's even a far cry from easy either... unless you go the "Individual" exclusive line How much extra is that anyway? Anyone knows that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauri View Post
I want to get the modern line, but I really like the sport seats a lot. So we can't get sport seats in modern line at all?
Has anyone noticed like me on the official pictures?:
when you compare the interior of each model line, especially the seats between the Sport, Modern, and Lux lines,

I personally do not see the difference in SHAPE! of the seats, they all seems to be exactly the same.

What i am trying to say is that BMW might be screwing us (pardon my fluent french) ... but at the same time they are helping us.

Let me explain again. If anyone could confirm that they are seeing what i am seeing first?
And if so, i would like to point out that if those seats in the three lines are exactly the same (shape), it would means that they are all sport seats, shape to hug your body and support you the way it should be (in the traditional sense of the "bmw sport seat" terms).

Which means that BMW might have choosen to drop the "regular unsupporting" front seats, in favor of having all their F30 cars give the drivers By Default an enjoying cabin experience.

The only things that i see different in each lines, (as far as seats are concerns) are the stitchings, the form of the leather cuts, the color obviously and the material for each lines... BUT again the SHAPE is the same for all line: sport seats as standard

Anyone catch my drift why put standard seats if anyone buying a BMW wants sport seats for the sporting experience ANYWAYS?

At least if another soul can confirm what i am saying please ? I would feel less lonely... But for now, i am ordering an F30 Luxury Line (No sport packaged ) and yet i am confident i will be seating on seats THAT are/will be as supportive as all you who are getting the Sport Line (or even Modern Line as a matter) that's what i am hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
No. Does seem silly to restrict sport suspension & seats.
The lines are more a coordinated set of aesthetics.
This essentially enforces a look for the sportier model.

Suspension & sport seats should be an independent variable.
I could see requiring sport suspension and seats on the Sport Line but not restricting on others.
I absolutely agree with what you say PcBrew
I wish i could get the Sport Suspension with my luxury line that i am ordering on my 335i...
but at least, as said above, i am getting the "Sport Seats" by default. (that's what i am betting and believe it to be)
Appreciate 0