svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskercubfan View Post
While it's nice to have, everyone is right in saying that an alarm scares no one except inexperience criminals.
While I agree to this statement, I do have to say that I consider the alarm mostly for my own benefit so that I know whether or not someone is getting into my car or not. I know nobody else will look at it, and I know criminals wouldn't care about it either.. however, if I hear my own car alarm go off, I will take a look

Quote:
Your car is engineered for it to be almost impossible to use anything but valuables left in the car. Someone can't steal a BMW radio and use it in another car without proof of ownership at the dealer, it's really hard to hotwire, etc.
Some thieves felt different about this F20

Quote:
Plus - how would you know someone is "trying to break in" when you're in your place?
Good ears?

Nah, the windows are always open here.. The only time I will not be able to hear my car is when I'm at a mall and doing some shopping or something similar.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0