View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I too have the M sport brakes which are very nice and very dusty! Next summer while I have lots of time I am going to see if I can order up a set of 400M 18 inch rims and get a set of dedicated snows put on. I am pretty sure the 400M rims will fit the M sport brakes as that is an option setup on the BMW configurator.

Your wheels look pretty darn smart as well - I could live with that as a winter setup. Dedicated winters are the way to go. All seasons are a compromise no matter what the season. I think you are much better to have dedicated winters November through March and then switch over to summers. Expensive option but for maximum motoring pleasure the best idea.
Thanks to all for your positive feedback !

Agamemnon: I think you will find that once you have driven past 1200 kms, the brake dust seems to be reduced. Yes, the Style 400 wheels came with my car, so they fit fine with the M Sport brakes. But I had the winter wheels/tires installed before delivery, so I haven't actually driven my car with the summer set-up.

Yes, my winter wheels/tires are not cheap, but since I will be keeping the car for at least 7 years, they will be worth it to me. I am surprised how good those Modern turbine wheels look on the M Sport ! These wheels & tires are the winter package recommended by BMW Canada for the 335i M Sport. The Pirelli tires are excellent in rain, snow and on ice !

Last edited by DerekS; 01-13-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0